To be fair to your boss, she might be right 2 times out of 10. But it’s more likely that social media is going to benefit your marketing goals if you have a well thought out strategy.
So how do you convince your boss that social media can get more leads, drive sales, cut costs and build relationships with your customers?
First, some data.
- 63.7% of US Internet users are regulars on some sort of a social network (Emarketer, February 2011)
- Worldwide, on an average, users spent the highest amount of time online (4.6 hours/week) on social networks. (TNS October 2010)
- Social media grabbed the highest percentage of leads (74%) when pitted against other emerging lead generation channels like virtual events (Unisfair, May 2010)
- 57% of SMBs say that social media has been beneficial for their business (Ad-ology Research, November 2010)
- LinkedIn generates the highest conversions (61%) for B2B marketers (Hubspot State of Inbound Marketing 2011)
[Read more…] about So your boss thinks social media for business is hokum?